Monday, January 08, 2007

You Bastard!

Dear Jackass Traveling Westbound on 8th Avenue at Speer Boulevard Around 6:20PM This Evening,

What the hell were you thinking?!

The light turns green. The cars in the lanes to the left and right of you go. You wait. Then you decide to go...

And then you decide to slam on your brakes again?!

I was paying close enough attention to stop in time. But the guy behind me? He didn't have the benefit of seeing your brake lights and witnessing what a total mental defective you are. So he plowed into me.

Of course, in these split seconds, you had decided, "oh now, yes now I'll go," and thus conveniently rolled away before my car could be pushed into the back of yours.

And before I could get your license plate, or a digital photo, or any lasting monument to your complete dickitude.

Fortunately, the guy behind me was probably going something under 10 miles an hour. I had only a bunch of white paint to wipe off my bumper, a few unfortunate scratches, and two lovely bolt-head-shaped puncture-like indentations on the left side of my bumper.

But then, where does this leave me but totally screwed? What, am I supposed to make a stink out of this and fight forever to try to get this other poor sap's insurance to pay for completely cosmetic damage when you're that jerk that's really responsible? Am I supposed to risk the ramifications of higher insurance rates when I actually did everything to avoid an accident, and you're the moron blissfully (or worse, knowingly) speeding away?

Thanks for jacking up my car, asshole.

Annoyedly,
Dr. Heimlich

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, Bianca bites the dust again.
You know, I didn't have a single accident when I had this car (for a full year!). Then I sell it to you, lovingly, and in less than a decade you manage to get into two minor incidents.
What kind of a driver are you? Worse: what kind of a friend are you?? I should have known.

FKL :)

Shocho said...

Gee Francis is mean. It wasn't his fault! I was a witness/victim! We thought the trunk was destroyed, but luckily it was a minivan hitting a car so the bumpers matched up. Dodged the SUV bullet. Actually, I see fewer SUVs on the road here in Denver.

Anonymous said...

augh. you should definitely have your car thoroughly examined.

I was in a "fender-bender" a while ago (they were totally at fault) where it seemed like the only damage was a broken headlight and some minor bending which was hardly noticeable. their insurance company visually examined my car and offered to fix it or give me like $500 to fix myself. guess which one I took :)

so $15 dollars and a trip to the junkyard later and my car was good as new (er, well good as "used" I guess) and I made a small profit. but now several months later I get water leaking out of my car and it's not an easy fix I can do myself or cheaply. did it come from my minor accident? according to the papers I signed, nope :(

the mole

Steve Horton said...

Speer is the crazy street. That's right by where the Denver football player was murdered.
Sorry about your accident. Drivers are stupid. I've long been an advocate for re-taking the driver's test after a given number of years.