Monday, January 01, 2007

Feeling Blue

No alcohol for me last night. It was a very last minute thing, but I did end up at somebody's New Year's Eve party. He had only shopped for supplies that day. Being Sunday. Which in Colorado means all the liquor stores are closed -- thank you blue law. Not that I was dying to drink or anything. (Most of you will know me better than that.) But still, it's a dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb law.

But here's the part that upsets me. I woke up this morning with a pounding, throbbing, spike in the side of your forehead, purple-spotted, fist of Advil, lay in a dark room until you can see straight headache. Beyond debillitating.

So what the hell? If I'm going to feel that much like crap the next morning, I damn well deserve to have been completely plastered the night before.

Stupid blue law.

2 comments:

Brad said...

I was explaining the CO booze laws to Already the other day. Drive through liqueur stores but no booze on Sundays.

Aabh said...

Because that's God's day...

I really wish there was a "Roll Eyes" smiley on this forum thingie...

Anyway, pretend I rolled my eyes while saying that.

Disclaimer: I don't have any problem with people observing their religious beliefs, I only have a problem when everyone else is forced to observe them as well...