Monday, January 22, 2007

Back Breaking

24 had a really good episode tonight, but Prison Break had just as good. It was an episode chock so full of plot-advancing goodness, it was hard to believe this was an episode coming back from a mid-season break instead of going out on one.

Terrence Steadman, dead?! Mahone gone rogue?! Holy crap!

And along the way, a great story for T-Bag. He didn't want to carve up his ex-girlfriend, he wanted to get back together with her. And in a totally creepy, rather crazy way, but not crazy in an "I'm totally deluded" sort of way, but instead in the typical frightening, thoughtful T-Bag sort of way. Good stuff.

I actually found myself enjoying the "Bellick's plight in prison" plot more than I thought I would. As with most things on Prison Break, you just have to get over some hurdles of plausibility, and then the ride's a treat. And damn, I think they must have found the largest working actor on the face of the Earth to play his prison nemesis.

The C-Note plot was maybe a bit of a weak link in all this, but I think it didn't overstay its welcome. There were just enough scenes with him to convey his pain over his family falling apart (again), without slowing down the rest of the action too much.

Now what are poor Linc and Michael gonna do?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great show!
Now I'm just waiting for the "can I join you even though you shot me?" scene between Mahone and Callahan.
Good. This'll be good.