Saturday, July 09, 2005

Giving New Meaning to a "Change Bowl"

So this is totally bizarre, but literally just yesterday I'm over on Kathy's blog, replying to her very strange-but-fun post about dreams, claiming that I remember only like one dream a year. And then, last night, I remember my dream. Well, actually, not the whole thing -- just a tiny, maybe 10-second portion of it.

I'm in a store, buying something. I don't remember what or where. And I get something like $1.37 in change, which comes in the form of 2 pennies, 1 dime, 1 quarter... and 2 fifty-cent pieces.

But not real fifty-cent pieces. These are shaped like bowls, about an inch round and a half-inch deep. And am thinking, "what the hell are these bowls you've given me?!" But I don't want to say anything, because I don't want to be like one of those ignoramuses you hear about that's working retail and refuses to accept a 2-dollar bill or a
Susan B. Anthony coin or something. So I accept the weird bowls without comment.

That's all I remember.

5 comments:

Major Rakal said...

What, you mean you haven't seen the new "dish" coins yet? ;-)

Seriously, I got a real chuckle out of this dream. Sometimes the source of a dream is easy to figure out, but where in the world does something like this pop up from, and why?

Considering the number of dream-related blog posts we've been seeing lately, we should set up a group blog on dreams for dFormerStaff.

Anonymous said...

one night, I dreamed that I had eaten a huge marshmallow. when I woke up, my pillow was gone...

sorry I couldn't resist... that's just my dream story I bring up every time somebody describes a wierd dream they had : )

- the mole

Kathy said...

"To see a bowl in your dream, symbolizes the womb and sense of security. Consider the condition of the bowl and how it is treated or handled in the dream. This may offer clues as to how you feel you are being treated in a particular relationship."

GiromiDe said...

This post broke my brain.

DrHeimlich said...

Kathy -- I had a pretty whimsical view of this dream until you brought this along. ;-) Apparently, my dream-self is equating the sex and/or security with money?