Monday, July 04, 2005

Good Times? Nay, Great Times!

Since returning to Denver, I've had a rekindled obsession with Good Times. It's a local fast food chain (though curiously, they have one location outside of Colorado -- in Idaho, of all places).

The sort of tone of voice I hear West Coasters get when they talk about In 'N Out Burger -- that's how I feel about Good Times. I don't know what sort of addictive substance they use to spike their burgers, but they taste phenomenal. (Perhaps it's the same substance used to coat CCG cards?) I could have them for dinner every night for a month and probably not get sick of them.



But what puts Good Times over the top is the frozen custard. Don't ask me how they decided that burgers and frozen custard were meant to go together, but they did, and it's great. They've got a standard flavor-of-the-day every Monday through Thursday, and rotating weekend flavors for the other three days. I'm always stopping off for pints to take home and keep in my freezer.

Anyway... point is, should you ever find yourself in Colorado, don't miss out on the chance to go to Good Times.

7 comments:

thisismarcus said...

Just checking that the custard doesn't go on the burger.

DrHeimlich said...

No... definitely not. :-)

GiromiDe said...

Marcus, if you want custard on your burger, I suggest eating in Wisconsin.

Tom said...

http://www.kopps.com/main.htm
for when you are in Wisconsin.

It is SO GOOD. The burgers are in fact, as good as the custard. And the custard is damn good.

GiromiDe said...

I have yet to try Kopp's, but I swear I will. Ever since my buddy from Milwaukee told me about the real Butterburger (he says Culver's doesn't qualify), eating one became a life's goal.

Just so you're not worried, I will never eat that horrendous Burger King breakfast sandwich nor the Monster Thickburger. I have my limits, and I'd rather give my fat-eating money to more localized chains.

I still miss me some Whataburger and Kincaid's from Texas.

Anonymous said...

Cursed Good Times... I keep being forced to eat their custard...

Curse them.... Curse them...

One would think, "Gee Guy, just quit going there." But could you as easily say those words to a chain-smoker, or a crack addict? probably, but you might get shot so I won't recommend it... and since that has little to do with custard, I shall stop now...

The Information Officer said...

I'll be in Colorado in september, and will make it a goal to have a Good Times custard