Sunday, July 17, 2005

You're Invited to a Wedding

Well, I didn't manage to get out to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory yet, but I did catch the other film to release this weekend, Wedding Crashers. Lots of good laughs, one-liners, and catch phrases there. Vince Vaughn was great, and "the man behind the nose" (Owen Wilson) wasn't too bad either.

I kept waiting for Christopher Walken to deliver the "one huge laugh" I was expecting. He does have a tendency to do that in nearly all his movies, no matter how bad they are. But he was pretty restrained and normal in this movie... which I suppose is slightly disappointing.

Still, overall I give a B+.

2 comments:

TheGirard said...

Marnie and I went and saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Her opinion (probably mine too) was that we probably would have liked it better if we hadn't seen Willy Wonka and the Charlie Factory.

DavĂ­d said...

I enjoyed Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Given, Willy Wonka and the chocolate Factory is one of my favorite movies of all time so it had a lot to live up to. My main complaint is that it was a bit overdone and tried too hard - the visuals were a little too much, the songs too over-the-top, the morals more in-your-face. Still, I often felt like a kid full of wonder in many parts (especially the beginning), so it more-or-less did it for me. 3 stars (out of four).