Monday, June 06, 2005

Accept No Exceptions

I'm probably about to cross the line of social acceptability with this one, but oh well...

There's a stretch of 6th Avenue near downtown Denver that's a popular spot for beggars. They write up their signs, stand near the traffic light, and hit up the cars that get stopped. Today, I saw a guy with a particularly wordy sign. I didn't read the whole thing. I got stopped near the top by the sentence:

"Will except change."

I understand homonyms and proper spelling and all that aren't high on this guy's list if he's standing on a street corner. Still, the editor in me just couldn't help but notice. What, is he asking for any bills you have to give him, but will reject any change?

I know. This sort of makes me a terrible person now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed... But see, he's standing on a street corner... which to me indicates that perhaps he doesn't accept change...

<---is a bad person as well...

erika said...

will except change your willing to give.

DrHeimlich said...

Oooo... quality amendment, Erika. :-)