Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Let Me Flask You A Question

So I'm watching this random DVD (if you must know: Millenium, Season Two), and a guest victim-of-the-week pulls out one of those pocket flasks of alcohol. (Pretty much like this one here.) Randomly, it occurs to me: it seems awfully hard to me to get the liquor into one of those things. I suppose maybe you use one of those metal pour-tops you see on all the bottles at a bar? Or a funnel, maybe? I don't know, that seems kind of silly.

What's more, once you've got your filling method nailed down, the flask doesn't actually seem to hold that much liquor. Enough to get a buzz, I suppose, but seriously -- the whole thing strikes me rather like a PEZ Dispenser in terms of the Difficulty to Load vs Amount of Actual Contents ratio. But then, I'm not much of a drinker, as most of you reading this will know.

So, my question to you is, have any of you out there actually used one of these pocket flasks before? If so, how did you fill it? And did you find that it held a satisfying amount of liquor? ("You lick 'er, you brought 'er!")

2 comments:

TheGirard said...

Sarnecki has one of those and yes, he uses a small funnel (which I think is part of the lid in some way).

thisismarcus said...

My dad would take one with him on long motorcycle rides, to warm him in the cold. If it held more liquor, he might have fallen off!