Saturday, June 04, 2005

Season Tickets to Serenity?

Based on an "Advanced Screening" in Houston on June 23rd that showed up on Fandango, speculation and rumors are now flying that there's going to be a third round of Serenity sneak previews on that date. It's expected that, if this is true, the tickets in the other cities will go on sale Monday morning.

Some of you have seen it once or twice already. Some of you haven't seen it at all. If you have any interest in getting in on this latest possible screening, I suggest you check the online ticket retailer appropriate to your location (Fandango or MovieTickets.com) periodically throughout the weekend, and especially early Monday morning.

Will I try to go a third time, thus cementing my "season pass" to the movie? Maybe. There's no question that I want to see this movie many more times. That said, I'm also very ready to see the final, finished product. I might call around to the Denver crew and see what they want to do. If even a couple of them wanted to go, there's no question I'd want to throw in.

Of course, I suppose it might be nice of us to let some other Firefly fans get in this time who couldn't get tickets previously before they sold out.

But then, why would I do anything nice for a total stranger?

6 comments:

thisismarcus said...

Because you're a nice guy!

The marketing lady at our screening couldn't believe we paid for our tix, but I'll go and see the finished film once and get it on DVD too. No doubt about that.

BTW it's only just occurred to me that "Serenity" describes more than just the name of Mal's boat in this film. I can be slow...

TheGirard said...

I went and saw epIII again with marnie. During the previews she leans over and is like "isn't that just another rip off of starwars"

DrHeimlich said...

I know you're just trying to get my hackles up, but in all seriousness, Firefly/Serenity and Star Wars are very, very different types of storytelling.

Star Wars is essentially a fantasy tale. Swords and sorcery, princesses in distress and dashing heroes. It just has a sci-fi finish over the top of it.

Firefly/Serenity is a post-civil war western. It's about characters throwing in together just to survive and earn a living in the shadow of an oppressive government.

You don't have to like Serenity if you're bound and determined not to. Won't make Revenge of the Sith suck any less. ;-)

Jason said...

You see, this is their problem, they should be showing these in different cities. Like Charlotte.

thisismarcus said...

A second-rate Han Solo is... bloody entertaining. Like, John Lennon was the second best Beatle but he was still kinda a good musician.

Besides, the Star Wars prequels are the worst Star Wars rip-offs out there. New Coke, indeed.

GiromiDe said...

Marcus, I must quote that in a sig!