Wednesday, June 29, 2005

A Streetcar Named Bizarre

If you missed the premiere of the new show Stella on Comedy Central, I suggest you look for one of the many reruns this week and check it out.

It's not that I'm necessarily endorsing the show. It's that the show is so unbelievably, indescribably bizarre that you really ought to experience it for yourself. I realize this is a little like saying, "I think this milk is spoiled, taste it." But it's not that I'm necessarily panning the show, either. I'm already eager to see the next episode, to see if it could possibly be as strange as the first one.

I can only describe my final reaction to Stella as, "how the hell did this get on television? What the hell is this?"

How strange is this show? The TiVo description of this first episode was: "The guys gain co-op approval with a dance routine and perform open-heart surgery on their landlord." And that barely does it justice.

I guess I'll take anything that puts the hysterical Michael Ian Black on TV more often than "I Love the [Decade]s." But seriously, if anyone else can tell me what this show is, I'd be grateful.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Let me get this straight. Stranger than Robot Chicken?

thisismarcus said...

I don't have cable but think I saw an ad at a friend's place recently. Is it the 3-guys-in-suits-and-ties show?

IMB is good. Caught him on Whose Line once or twice. Copied his hairstyle. (I'm so gay.)