Thursday, June 09, 2005

Trivia Replay

Thanks to the annual KVSC Trivia contest, I was able to pull an answer out of nowhere in this week's bar trivia. It was for the highest-valued question outside of the final question, too. The question in question:

"What living room item was first introduced in the late 1950s with the name Lazy Bones?"

While everyone else in the bar was writing down "recliner," I remembered this same question coming up during "the big trivia weekend" (though I can't recall if it was this year or last year). I correctly told my team to write down "remote control," and we were the only team to get it right.

Actually, in the last third of the game, our team came on strong, and the questions being asked were right up our alley:

Alphabetically, what squares on a Monopoly board are first and last?

Place these four cable networks in the order they debuted, starting with the earliest: The Discovery Channel, Nickelodeon, The History Channel, and Lifetime.

(Answers: Atlantic Avenue and Water Works; Nickelodeon, Lifetime, Discovery, History.)

We were on fire tonight, and won by a very healthy margin. Ah... good times.

4 comments:

DavĂ­d said...

Okay, the Lazy Bones one I had no clue on (the Lazy Bones/Lazy Boy connection is too good to pass up), but I got the Monopoly and cable one right.

I have at least one other friend here who is good at trivia. We need to do team trivia as well.

Jason said...

Heh, more victims....

thisismarcus said...

Of course, I'm trying to work out the Monopoly teaser using the British version of the game. Why aren't your answers "Angel, Islington" and "Whitehall"?

Anonymous said...

Those answers work for me.