Sunday, June 19, 2005

Pro-Prostate Cancer?

Okay, this is a little thing, really. But as you probably know by now, it's all about the little things.

Today at the grocery checkout, the clerk asks me if I want to "donate money to prostate cancer?" No. Who would want to donate money to prostate cancer? I'm 100% anti-cancer, in all forms, thank you very much.

I believe the words this clerk was looking for are "donate money to fight prostate cancer." Or even, "donate money to prostate cancer research."

That is, unless Safeway has a really strange socio-political agenda.

3 comments:

Major Rakal said...

Maybe this is what they mean when they ask you to "give till it hurts."

Anonymous said...

In that case, don't go in there and ask for a donation.

thisismarcus said...

Ha ha. At home they'll ask you "do you have a loyalty card at all?" to which I am always tempted to respond "yes, I slightly have one."