Sunday, April 16, 2006

One Year Later -- Still Maneuvering

Happy Birthday to Me!!! Well, to my blog, anyway. Heimlich Maneuvers turns one year old today. I've come a long way from that thoroughly pointless first post. Now I make throughly pointless posts with a small amount actual content in them! And with my maybe 12 loyal readers, I've discussed all sorts of fun things over the year.

We've talked about hundreds of TV shows. Or maybe just the same three or four shows, hundreds of times. There was even a test! (With answers!)

We get out to the movies quite a lot. Even though we're not sure we actually like the experience or the contents of the films that much. Sometimes we have widely varying opinions on a film.

It's not all about the moving images (though there would be no shame it if were -- they can spark some rather sophisticated discussions). Sometimes, we get literary. Or at least, we have fun with words.

Of course, given my background, the subject of games comes up more than occasionally.

Sometimes, things are sentimental -- on a more personal scale, or because of current events.

Mixed in with it all are a few entertaining anecdotes, many personal, some borrowed from friends without blogs of their own.

There are times I've been a little too lazy for a lengthy post, and let a picture do my work for me. (Of course, when those posts get such a big response, it makes me wonder if I work too hard writing all that drivel all the time.)

And only occasionally do I jump on the "memes and surveys" bandwagon.

I've blogged something every single day, except for the week I was gone on vacation. (And if you don't think today counts, you have no idea how long I spent searching through my own archives.)

Thanks for coming along for the ride.

6 comments:

TheGirard said...

lemme be the first to say thanks, especially since most of us have moved away from what originally brought us together. I know I have learned a lot from you and that's not just from this blog.

I enjoy reading your blog and I read it everyday (well, if there isn't a lot of words, or if it's not about books).

Anonymous said...

yeah, this is a great way of keeping in touch. only one year? wow it seems like it's been a lot longer. and even though I'm not a big horror movie fan, I still enjoy your reviews on 'em.

the mole

Anonymous said...

Thanks for entertaining me at work for the last year... Well written, well thought out reviews (or just plain fun reads)...

Jono said...

Happy Blog-birthday!

Anonymous said...

Well, thank YOU Evan. Yours is the only blog I read--even though I often skip the TV show posts (but not those about 24!). :)

Keep blogging!

FKL

Mkae said...

Jesus Christ. This was the first "clip show" blog entry I have ever seen!! :)