Wednesday, September 21, 2005

All Hatch-ural

So now, at last, we know what's in "the hatch."

Sort of.

I know there are a few people out there who feel at the end of their rope with Lost, but for me, this is exactly how I want it. We now know that basically, someone's got their apartment/research lab inside the hatch.

But now there are new questions. What exactly is the guy doing there? Is he studying something? (The island's inhabitants, for example?) How did he come to be there on the island? Is he voluntarily in quarantine, or was he placed there by someone else? Is it because Jack met this guy before that he ended up on the island, or had Jack been picked even before the encounter in the stadium? And is this guy, with his canny talk of "miracles," at all responsible for restoring Sarah's ability to walk? Is he responsible for any of the strange goings-on on the island?

One question answered... well, sort of. Countless more posed. That's the only way Lost is going to endure, if you ask me.

9 comments:

DavĂ­d said...

Dammit! I forgot to tape Lost last night. Thank goodness for the internet...

GiromiDe said...

Who is Sarah? I think you mean Locke.

TheGirard said...

I missed teh last 5 minutes, can someone fill me in?

DrHeimlich said...

No I meant Sarah, the patient in the flash back that Jack had believed wouldn't walk. If I'm following all my storyline connections properly, this is the same woman who he ends up marrying.

Although, you raise a good point. Is there a connection between the fact that Sarah should not have been able to walk, but could -- and Locke going through the same experience?

DrHeimlich said...

Last five minutes. Jack goes in the hatch, Locke is being held down there at gunpoint by a man who turns out to be the same man who approached him in the stadium in his flashback.

Jono said...

btw... anyone noticed more Hurley's numbers? If you taped it or Tivo-ed it - check out (a) the spray-painted wall (b) the safe's combination (c) right after the guy in the cave is washing dishes you see something the radio, oven something pointed at a number... and that's just in the first 5 minutes of the show!

Kathy said...

If you're asking who Sarah is, you should watch the episode again.

GiromiDe said...

Sorry. Brain fart. Forgot her name. Didn't put that together.

What I thought was interesting is how Sarah recounted meeting Jack. I believe she said at the wedding reception that Jack assured her she would dance at her wedding, but he did no such thing. Once again, the writers of Lost try to be realistic about people, their experiences and memories.

Props to the director for putting a "Party of Five" wig on Jack for this flashback. My wife thought it looked too fake.

Slops to me for not connecting both Sarah and Locke's miraculous spines. Whatever transpired in that lair, Locke can still walk after being paralyzed for four years. The trick is we have no idea how Locke became paralyzed. All we know so far is that he donated a kidney to his father under horrible circumstances.

I gave up on looking for Hurley numbers because they're all over the show at this point. It's too much of an exercise that distracts me from the drama, and apparently I need to focus on that more.

GiromiDe said...

Slops to me again. Apparently Jack did say something positive to her. I shouldn't have watched this distracted.