Tuesday, May 10, 2005

And Now We Know

The season finale of Veronica Mars has now come and gone. All our questions have been answered. Is Keith really Veronica's father? Is Mom back to stay? Who killed Lilly Kane? The episode was so full of answers, there wasn't even 45 seconds to spare for The Dandy Warhols after the teaser.

The way the murder was solved through a heretofore unknown video tape reminded me a little of the first season of Murder One. Still, any comparison between the shows would only be good -- I consider both the series to be great.

Of course, no self-respecting mystery-based show could go away for the summer without leaving us a cliffhanger. In this case, the question is: who came to Veronica's door? Seems to me the only possible candidates that match her reaction are Duncan and Logan.

My money's on Duncan. After all, her reaction to Logan I think would have been much more like, "oh my God, what happened to you?!" Because if he didn't actually go through with jumping of the bridge as his mother did before him, then surely Weevil and his gang beat him to within an inch of his life. Hmm... I suppose that's through true cliffhanger: is Logan still alive?

That answer and more when Veronica Mars returns this fall. Score 1 for quality television.

3 comments:

Shocho said...

I think it's Wallace at the door. Makes a nice closure from the first episode to the last episode.

Kathy said...

Duncan or Wallace, definitely. Can't think of anyone else she'd want to see just then, other than Lilly, of course.

Not Logan, much to my chagrin, because he's most assuredly either dead or beaten to within an inch of his life. I was sure that they would bring him into the hospital while V was there with her dad.

I suppose it's technically possible that Weevil could have shown up, but I don't think she would have greeted him quite that way. At all.

I was totally caught off guard at how strong my reaction was to Keith telling V about the results of the DNA test. That was a really well-done scene.

DrHeimlich said...

Agree with the DNA Test revelation. Even though it was pretty easy to totally see what was coming (Keith was her Dad), the emotional weight of it was really strong. Good stuff.