Sunday, May 01, 2005

Entertainment Almost-Weekly

I love my subscription to Entertainment Weekly magazine. (Thanks, Kyle, for getting it started in the first place!) But I also have a little complaint. No issue this week! Why? Last week, they published their "2005 Summer Movie Preview" in a giant "double-sized issue." The double issue is counted as the April 29th and May 6th installments of the magazine, issues 817 and 818.

I find this suspect behavior. If you want to do a double issue, knock yourself out. But it seems to me that should be all "extra." You don't see newspapers going, "we're going to publish a double-sized paper on Monday, and then skip Tuesday." That doesn't work. Doesn't the whole notion of skipping a week pretty much undermine the meaning of the name "Entertainment Weekly?"

1 comment:

Shocho said...

Agreed. That's not a double issue, that's cheating. I'd ask for a refund... just to see what they'd say.