Friday, May 06, 2005

Tales from the MP3 Player

You'll recall earlier posts of mine speaking about 1) the proliferation of CSI shows; and 2) Funny things that happen when you're listening to your MP3 player on shuffle.

Today, a couple of songs by The Who came up in the shuffle, and I had a very strange/funny image of how many CSI spin-offs we'd have to get before "Boris the Spider" was used as the theme song for a CSI show.

And, for the KVSC trivia gang out there, the "Theme from Fish" also came up in the shuffle today. I have this CD with over 60 TV theme songs on it, all stored in the MP3 player of course. Fortunately, during the trivia contest, someone on our team correctly identified the song. I would have been bummed out if we'd missed it and now, months later, it randomly came up on my MP3 player and I realized that I'd had the means at my disposal to identify the song if only I'd ever paid much attention to the CD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You would have been flogged. Or maybe just forced to come to the contest and then thrown outside at 3 am while you were trying to sleep.