Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Geek Trumps Entrepreneur

So, I'm now less than 24 hours away from the big sneak preview of Serenity. And bouncing off the walls in excitement, let me tell you. I caught the movie trailer tonight on the big screen in front of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and that was enough to make me dizzy. I think tomorrow night, with all those Browncoats in one place, the room might literally explode when they start up the projector.

I'm very grateful to have got the tickets. But now I'm wishing that my entrepreneurial instincts had jumped in a little more when I managed to get in and buy them a couple weeks ago. When I heard about the screening, my only real thought was, "I wonder how many friends of mine will want to (and be able to) go?" I guess-timated I wouldn't have any problems finding 7 other people who'd want to go, and so I bought 8 tickets. And that worked out to be a perfect guess. Another friend of mine was able to get 4 tickets himself, and together we found exactly 10 people (plus us) to go.

But now I find out this week that single tickets to these screenings are selling on e-bay for $100-$200. And I'm thinking, if only that thought had also come to me, even if I'd been able to get only a couple more tickets... well, that would be a nice chunk of cash.

Still, don't get me wrong. In the end, I'm not in any way complaining. Turns out that I snuck into a window that was open only for about 20 minutes, so I'm very, very grateful to have made off with any tickets at all.

3 comments:

thisismarcus said...

Rub it in, why don'tcha?! :)

Anonymous said...

Are you one of those jackasses who bought up all the Arabian Nights when it was new and now sells it at $100/pack?

DrHeimlich said...

No, I'm not. I was sort of wishing I was, I guess.