Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day Activities

I helped a friend move across town this afternoon. He had enlisted family and many friends to help, so there were like 15 of us, and it got done very quickly. Free pizza for my effort too, so all told, not a bad day.

This was the first time I was involved in a "moving project" since my big move out here from Virginia. Very different, this time. For one, it wasn't me and all my stuff being loaded up. Second, it was a cross-town move. When you don't absolutely have to have everything loaded to take in one trip, it makes a big difference.

Still, between all the moving, and the fact that it's Memorial Day and I'm therefore missing Tim's legendary cookout for the first time in six years, I was thinking a lot about Virginia Beach and my friends there today. I miss you guys.

5 comments:

TheGirard said...

i miss you 2 evan.

I now own a season 1 to a TV series that isn't a cartoon. I would like to thank mr. evan lorentz for showing me that if you like a tv show, it's ok to spend upwards of $80 for a series of it on DVD.

the series is Law and Order - SVU.

Kathy said...

We miss you in general, but we missed you at the cookout especially. Squint was played! (Not by me, I was too busy talking babies and WoW. I was the only crossover between those two conversations, to my recollection. Heh.)

The cookout was strange, but still fun. No family K either, they're in Florida. Several notable absences, really.

Anonymous said...

You were missed. Hell, "are" missed. No past tense about it.

I've told everyone that since we are being scattered like ashes, that I'll give some leeway for missing this year (and maybe next). But in 2007, it's the 10th anniversary, and I expect everyone to make travel plans to VA Beach that weekend :-)

DrHeimlich said...

Girard: doink doink.

Kathy: Squint! I might have to pick up a copy of that one. That was a lot of fun!

Tim: A "reunion cookout" sounds like a lot of fun. I'll mark my calendar. :-)

Anonymous said...

((Yes, I'm just getting around to reading your blog NOW. It isn't entirely my fault... Looking up your name gives tons of sites from hero-worshiping game fans and Dr. Heimlich is very popular too.))

I know it wasn't the point of the post... but in case I forgot to say it that day...

THANK YOU!!!

(I'm the guy the good Dr. helped)