Friday, September 30, 2005

Serenity Now!!!

At long last, September 30th has arrived... and with it, Serenity. I've been singing this movie's praises for a while now. Many of you reading this caught an advance screening of the film several months ago, I know. Still, I for one am looking forward to seeing it again, in finished form.

It's not just me and the other Joss Whedon disciples singing the praises of the film, either. It's doing quite favorably right now over at Rotten Tomatoes.

So get to your local theater this weekend and catch the best movie I've seen so far this year.

4 comments:

thisismarcus said...

It's out Oct 7 here so my friends have self-imposed a one week internet embargo to avoid spoilers.

Jason said...

Holyfuckingshit, I can't believe they did that!

You know what I'm talking about.

DrHeimlich said...

Yup, Jason... I do know what you're talking about. It floored me too the first time I saw it in the first preview screening. And both times I've seen the movie since then, I've tensed up upon hearing the line that leads up to the moment in question.

DavĂ­d said...

I have to say that it wasn't quite as impactful the second time seeing it. I still enjoyed it quite a bit, but I guess I was looking for other things in it. Now that it had the correctly mastered sound and music, I found those more distracting. It was also much more action-oriented than I remembered and more of a departure from the series. Anyway, I did my part to contribute to its opening weekend. :)