Thursday, September 22, 2005

Offhand Remark

I realize this blog has been nothing but TV talk all week. (What do you expect, though, with the new fall season starting up?) For those who feel a little left behind, here's a short anecdote to tide you over until the "balance" returns to Heimlich Maneuvers.

My uncle is an athletic coach at a high school. He once told me a short story about a time his starting quarterback injured his right hand -- his throwing hand. One of the kid's teammates tried to stick up for his bud, though, arguing:

"No, it's okay, coach! He can still play -- he's anorexic."

1 comment:

BubbaJoe said...

We had a similar conversation on my HS football team, except it was:

"I can still play coach. Look *picks up the ball with his off hand* I am AMPHIBIOUS"

I almost fell over laughing, and the realy sad part was, no one else seemed to notice his slip-up.