Thursday, September 15, 2005

Is There An "N," Vanna?

I've watched Survivor for a long time, and have always said, "there's no way I would ever do this." That sentiment was affirmed as never before by tonight's premiere of the Guatemala edition.

These people are just three days in, and are falling apart like I've never seen. The jungle literally attacked one of them. Bobby Jon, inexhaustable workhorse of Palau (outdone only because Tom was in Palau as well), looked near death. Eyes rolling back and everything, and I am going to have nightmares about what his feet looked like when they pulled off his socks.

I frankly can't believe that the immunity challenge was as close as it was, after the beating taken by the tribe that won the reward. This can only have been due to the ministrations of Margaret the nurse. That would be Margaret, who Jim decided was the person who should be voted off. All the more reason Jim was the right one to get rid of. The one person in that tribe who should never go home is Margaret the nurse.

Oh, and by the way... "Maya Empire?" Really? Not "Mayan Empire?" Have I (and basically everyone else I know) been getting it wrong my entire life?

2 comments:

TheGirard said...

the N is silent. ;)

Yea, I love survivor and I'm glad it's back. I'm also glad for the two people they chose to bring back. I feel that both got a real bum rap when they were trying to play the game. Steph was the remaining person from a tribe merge and Bobby Jon was surrounded by females. I'm glad they are both getting a second shot.

Anonymous said...

augh... I missed it last night. I knew it was starting again soonish and I guess it kinda snuck up on me. I'll be there next week for sure though.

-the mole