Sunday, September 18, 2005

Is It Made From Real Boy Scouts?

I guess over 85 years of watching the Girl Scouts hawk their cookies has finally made the Boy Scouts jealous. Coming out of the grocery this afternoon, I'm accosted by a small troop of Boy Scouts looking to sell me...

Boy Scout Popcorn.

Boy Scout Popcorn? Seriously?

I really don't like popcorn much. We're not talking Professor Hathaway in Real Genius hate, but I just don't like the stuff. I think it stems from the years I had braces, and it was banned from me. I never had it while I had the braces in, I never got back in the habit. Even now, when I have popcorn, I'll quit after a hand or two, because I'll get a piece stuck in my teeth and spend the next small eternity (that's what it feels like) trying to pick it out.

Anyway... back to the grocery store. Popcorn? Seriously? Because I was a Boy Scout for a rather short period of time (Cub Scout, actually), and all we got to sell were these lameass "Scout Show tickets." If you've never been to a Scout Show, think of a Star Trek convention, only about 1/10th of the people show up and everybody is wearing neckerchiefs. Lame, lame, lame.

No wonder the Boy Scouts finally decided to creep in on the snack action.

2 comments:

Trundling Grunt said...

Don't buy it - it always seems stale and more like chewcorn than popcorn.

Anonymous said...

I can just imagine the whole corporate boardroom meeting...
"we have to sell something but we can't copy the cookies"
I wonder what other things were suggested and voted down over popcorn...

-the mole