Thursday, September 15, 2005

Hardball

At trivia tonight, we were first place going into the final question. But the subject was sports, our major weakness. Specifically, World Series. Ugh. As a result, we failed to even place in the top three.

So, if you know a "sports guy" who lives in the Denver metro area that you could recommend, our team would be very grateful.

In the meantime, see if you could have helped us answer this: "Name four of the five teams besides the New York Yankees that won the World Series in the 1990s."

Click into the comments for the answers.

7 comments:

DrHeimlich said...

1) Florida Marlins
2) Atlanta Braves
3) Cincinnati Reds
4) Toronto Blue Jays
5) Minnesota Twins

We were only able to produce #1 and #2. We endless debated about the Padres, the Dodgers, and the Phillies, trying to decide which two of those three incorrect answers to round out our list with. Once the answers were read, I could hear the voices of many Virginian friends (some of them now ex-Virginia friends) berating me for not at least coming up with #5.

Anyway, it's baseball. I feel absolutely no shame whatsoever for not knowing much about it.

thisismarcus said...

Yeah, I couldn't have given you 4 baseball teams period.

Anonymous said...

Next time, use a lifeline and give me a call. I would have given you all 5. Sorry. )=

- Enrique

GiromiDe said...

I would've guessed the Marlins and Braves, because I knew those. The Twins and Blue Jays would've been stretches.

Now, a good point of trivia is that the last three World Series winners were Wild Card berths.

Tom said...

Shit, I only got 2 (twins and braves)...I thought the Indians would have been on the list. Should have remembered the Jays. I knew Marlins, but would have guessed 2000 for the first one.

The Reds won a series in the last 25 years?

Anonymous said...

I knew the twins had won, hmmm I wonder how I remember that? : )

-the mole

Jono said...

Get me a sports producing job at either Fox Sports Rocky Mountain or Altitude and I'm there.

Oh, and I got four within about 10 seconds (the one I didn't get immediately was Minnesota even though they won one of the best World Series ever).